The latest beta version of iOS 14.5 introduces a new tool for recalculating the battery health assessment for iPhone 11. The new function allows you to more accurately estimate the maximum battery capacity and fix problems with power consumption. In rare cases, you can get a free battery replacement with the tool.
The new feature is only available for the iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max, at least for now. The tool appeared in iOS 14.5 beta 6.
How iPhone Battery Revaluation Works
- When you install iOS 14.5 beta 6 on iPhone 11, recalculation will start automatically.
- It may take several weeks to complete.
- Recalculating the estimate can correct energy consumption problems. “
- To check the revaluation status, go to Settings > Battery > Battery status.
- A message about re-evaluating the battery status will be displayed at the top.
- When the process completes successfully, this message will disappear and new data will appear.
- If the battery capacity is very low, a message will appear informing you that you need to replace it.
In some cases, you can get a free battery replacement. However, this does not mean that the battery must be replaced, you can continue to use it.