The fight against malware is a never-ending battle that continues as technology becomes more powerful. It is advisable to use all available tools to protect your computer.
Many users are unaware of the built-in malware scanner in the Google Chrome browser for Windows. It is periodically activated to clean up junk mail in your browser, but you can run a scan at any time to make sure your system is secure.
How to enable antivirus in Google Chrome (only works on Windows)
1. Click on the button with three dots in the upper right corner of the Chrome window and select “Settings”.
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the list and press “Additional” to display all options.
3. Keep scrolling until you see “Factory reset and malware removal” at the bottom of the list. Click on “Remove malware from computer”.
4. You will be able to find and remove malicious software. Click Find to start scanning.
5. When finished, Chrome will notify the user about the presence of malware on the computer. If they do exist, you can delete them.
6. You can quickly go to this menu by entering chrome://settings/cleanup in the address bar.
If you don’t see this option, make sure Chrome is updated to the latest version.
Please note that this is not a universal malware scanner. It only checks for Chrome-related malware. Thus, it is better to leave the installed antivirus.
This tool is good for getting rid of browser malware, it should be launched when you see a lot of pop-up windows, unknown search pages, or virus warnings.
ProApk on Google News – http://bit.ly/pro-apk-google-news
ProApk on Telegram – http://t.me/proapk_in
ProApk on Twitter – http://twitter.com/xdapirates
ProApk on Facebook – http://bit.ly/pro-apk-facebook