Before the release of AltStore and Altserver, Saurik’s Cydia Impactor tool was popular for installing any applications from IPA files on the iPhone and iPad. But now the last app only works if you have a paid Apple developer account.
Today we want to tell you about a free application for macOS and Windows called Sideloadly which works almost exactly like Cydia Impactor, but with more options, a prettier user interface, and support for free Apple developer accounts.
What you need to know about Sideloadly
Sideloadly has been around for quite some time, since the release of iOS and iPadOS 13. The app is still running today and allows you to install any app on iPhones and iPads running iOS and iPadOS 15, and even Macs with Apple M1/M1 Pro/M1 Max.
What sets Sideloadly apart from other apps is that it has a few extra options when you install your own apps. For example, you can remove restrictions on supported devices, remove plugins and app extensions, change the name of the app, change the version of the app, choose whether or not to use an automatic bundle ID, choose how the app is signed, and even set up tweak injection.
Sideloadly can download apps to your iPhone or iPad whether you have a jailbreak or not, it can be used not only to install jailbreak tools, but also for any other apps, such as those that removed from AppStore long time ago. Further in the example, we will install the Royal VK – a pumped version of the official VK client.
Sideloadly is free to download for both macOS and Windows without the need to install additional software. Apps installed through Sideloadly work for the same 7 days as when installed through any other similar tool that uses your Apple ID account as a free Apple developer account. If you have a paid developer certificate, then the applications will work longer.
How to use Sideload
Now that you have figured out what Sideloadly is, you can start using it:
1) Download and install Sideloadly from the official site.
2) Launch Sideloadly by double-clicking on the application icon in the Finder (Applications folder).
3) An error message will appear, click “Cancel».
4) Go to → System settings.
5) Open settings “Protection and security”:
6) On the tab “Main» at the bottom of the window, click “Allow” button:
7) Launch Sideloadly again and select “Open” to confirm that you want to start Sideloadly:
8) Connect to the computer on which you plan to install applications.
9) Enter your Apple ID в поле Apple account:
10) Drag Sideloadly .ipa application file to IPA icon:
11) Now click the “Start».
12) When prompted enter your Apple ID password and press the button OK.
will pay attention. This information is sent only to Apple for verification. If you do not trust, you can create a new Apple ID and use it specifically for such purposes.
When the app download is complete, you will see the app icon on the main screen of the device (if the app does not appear, restart the device). Don’t run it yet, it still won’t run without additional steps.
13) Go to “Settings ” → “Basic” → “VPN and device management” And click on your Apple ID in the “Developer software” section
14) Click the buttonTrust [ Apple ID]”, then when prompted, press the red button “Trust”:
That’s all, you have successfully installed the application using Sideloadly. Now go back to the main screen and launch your app.
There are many different ways to install third-party apps on an iPhone or iPad, but Sideloadly is one of the quickest and easiest, especially when compared to using Xcode.
Please note that AltServer and AltStore are still the recommended method for installing jailbreak tools, especially when it comes to unc0ver, since only through AltStore can you install the untethered Fugu14 jailbreak.