Many people still record videos in vertical orientation, and of course there is nothing wrong with that, although black bars can be observed when playing back to the right and left of the video. In this article, we will tell you how to easily convert a video for landscape orientation or even flip it, if required, on an iPhone or iPad without using a computer.
How to rotate videos on iPhone and iPad in the Photos app (iOS 13 and newer)
1. Launch the Photos app and open the video you want to flip.
2. Click Edit in the upper right corner.
3. Click the icon Pruning.
4. Tap the square with an arrow icon as many times as necessary until the video flips to the desired orientation. When finished, press Done.
How to Rotate Videos on iPhone and iPad in iMovie App (up to 100MB)?
To implement our plans, we need the iMovie application (link below), which will already be installed on more modern iPhone and iPad models with 64 or more gigabytes of memory on board. With iMovie, you can rotate (90, 180, 270 or 360 degrees) any type of video, be it 4K, or slow motion or fast motion.
1. Install the free iMovie app (link).
2. Open the video whose orientation you want to change in the Photos application and press the button. Edit in the upper right corner.
3. Click on the icon with the image of a circle with dots located on the bottom panel
4. Select iMovie and the video will open in the editor.
5… Place two fingers on the video thumbnail and rotate them to rotate the video 90 degrees. In the same way, it can be rotated to the right or left to obtain the desired result.
6. When you’re done, click on the button. “Done” in the upper left corner.
7. Wait for the end of the export. The rotated video will open in the app A photo.