Let’s say you’re watching a long YouTube video and want to share a specific moment in the middle of the video with a friend. Using this instruction, you can send a link to the moment you need in the video. When the recipient clicks on the link, the video will start not from the beginning, but from the desired moment that you have chosen.
We’ll show you how to create links to specific points in YouTube videos on desktop and mobile devices.
How to share a link to a specific point in a YouTube video on a computer
There are two ways for Mac and Windows PC. Let’s start with the simplest.
1) Open the desired YouTube video in any browser on your computer.
2) Select the moment of the video you want to share.
3) Right click on the video and select “Copy URL time-tagged video.
4) Share the copied link
When the recipient clicks on your link, his video will start not from the beginning, but from the moment you choose.
The second method is no less simple, but a little longer.
1) Open the YouTube video in any browser on your computer.
2) Click the button below the video “Share”.
3) Check the box next to the menu “Begining”enter the time you want and press the Enter key.
4) Click “Copy” and share the link.
On mobile devices
Safari’s YouTube site
1) Open a YouTube video in the Safari browser on your iPhone or iPad and click the icon “butA» in the upper left corner of the screen.
2) Click “Request desktop website”.
3) Now just use the “Share” button method described above.
In other browsers and on Android smartphones, the full version of the site opens differently.
1) Start the video in the YouTube app and click the button “Share”.
2) Select “Copy link”.
3) Paste the copied link into the messenger or other application through which you want to share it.
4) At the end of the link add ?t=2m30s or ?t=150s. Keep in mind that “m” is minutes and “s” is seconds. Enter the time you want.
If the video is very long, you can use “h”, i.e. clock.
Short and Full YouTube Links
When you copy a video link from an app, the link is shortened. For reference by type https://youtu.be/abcd123 can be used “?t=».
If the link is complete and looks like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abcd123you need to replace the question mark (?) with this symbol – (&). Everything else is entered in the same way.
Now you know about all the ways to share a link to a specific point in a YouTube video.