Microsoft has announced Windows 11 and named the minimum technical requirements for a computer on which this operating system can be installed. They are slightly higher than in the case of Windows 10.
The easiest and fastest way to check if your computer will be compatible with Windows 11 is to download and run the utility PC Health App. It will automatically check the specifications of the device and let you know if you can update.
The requirements to run Windows 11 are:
- 64-bit processor with two or more cores clocked at 1 GHz
- 4 GB of RAM
- 64 GB storage
- UEFI-enabled motherboard with Secure Boot enabled
- Trusted Platform Module 2.0
- DirectX 12 compatible video card with WDDM 2.0 driver
- 9-inch screen with 720p resolution and 8-bit color depth
- Internet connection to download updates and sign in to your Microsoft account
The official release of Windows 11 is scheduled for the fall, but starting next week, Microsoft will begin releasing test builds that will be available to members of the Windows Insider program.