The Lightweight YouTube experience for Android:
Do you like watching videos on YouTube but looking for a simple app to do that?
NewPipe has been created with the purpose of getting the original YouTube experience on your smartphone without annoying ads and questionable permissions.
Lightweight YouTube frontend that’s supposed to be used without the proprietary YouTube-API or any of Google’s (proprietary) play-services. NewPipe only parses the YouTube website in order to gain the information it needs.
• YouTube Videos
Simple way to watch videos from the site and use its features.
• Extended Privacy
Does not use the YouTube API nor the Google Play Services.
• Background Player
Use other apps with no hassle while it plays your favourite songs.
• Download Media
Simply download videos or audio to your device.
Never miss new content from your favourite channels.
Go back in time and enjoy your favourites again.
• Open Source
How it works is not a secret. Go and check it on GitHub.
You get the whole thing for free. No in-app purchases or ads either.
1) Recoloring themes
2) Removed all languages except Russian and English
3) Changed icon
4) Name changed
1. Debug information has been removed.
2. Languages: EN / RU.
3. Removed duplicate graphics.
4. Graphics are optimized.
5. Fixed “Kiosk” to “Trends”.
6. “Ultra” compression
7. The signature has been changed.
Languages: be, en. pl, ru, uk, etc.
Graphics deeply optimized applications
Optimized application manifest
App renamed to YouTube Video / YouTube Video
Hidden tab “Licenses”
– Compressed graphics
– Changed the icon and repainted in blue Material
– Changed the main theme color from red to blue Material
– Changed background in floating player from red to black
– Changed the file upload scale to blue Material from blue gray (that is, the background of the unloaded file will be blue gray, and the progress of the download scale is blue Material)
– Changed buffer scale to blue Material