Xiaomi this March announced the Redmi Note 10 line in three versions and many new features compared to the previous generation. The launches mark the introduction of new features to the family, such as a more premium look, Super AMOLED screen, higher refresh rate, more powerful processor and a 108 MP super camera.
THE Redmi Note 10 traditional is the most basic of the new family and Redmi Note 9, announced in Brazil in June 2020, bringing many improvements in the design and technical sheet compared to last year’s model. But what has really changed from one generation to the next?
In the next few paragraphs, check out the main differences and similarities between the two and decide whether it is worth investing in the latest device or whether it is better to continue with the previous generation.
Build and design
Among the main changes of the Redmi Note 10 in relation to its predecessor, perhaps construction and design are the main novelties – both positively and negatively. The newest smartphone abandons the look of the “cooktop” (or “domino”) style cameras centered on the rear and adopts a set more similar to the top of the line Mi 10T, with the main sensor highlighted at the top and the auxiliaries further down.
Visually, it is a more elegant piece with a more expensive cell phone aspect, although its construction has not been detailed by Xiaomi. The only setback of the Redmi Note 10 in relation to the Redmi Note 9 is the protection of the front glass, which is in charge of the Gorilla Glass 3 – while the older model has the fifth generation of the same technology.
For the clumsy on duty, this means that the newer smartphone is more likely to break or scratch the display in the event of a fall. However, an advantage in the Redmi Note 10 in terms of resistance is the presence of the IP53 certification, which promises greater protection against splashing water and dust than the brother.
- Redmi Note 10: 6.43 inches, Full HD + resolution, Super AMOLED panel, 60 Hz update;
- Redmi Note 9: 6.53 inches, Full HD + resolution, IPS LCD panel, 60 Hz update.
Xiaomi paid a lot of attention to the new generation screen. The Redmi Note 10 is equipped with a Super AMOLED display, unprecedented in the line Redmi Note and is 6.43 inches in size and Full HD + resolution (2,400 by 1,080 pixels). Unfortunately, the refresh rate was restricted to versions Redmi Note 10 Pro and 10 Pro Max, but the most basic model promises better contrast, fidelity of dark colors and brightness when compared to the device’s IPS LCD of 2020.
The front look of the new Redmi Note has also changed a bit: the hole for the front camera is now located in the upper central region of the screen, while on the Redmi Note 9 the sensor is located on the left side. In any case, the change is only aesthetic, since the use of the display has not changed.
- Redmi Note 10: 48 MP (main, f / 1.79) + 8 MP (ultrawide, f / 2.2) + 5 MP (macro, f / 2.4) + 2 MP (depth, f / 2.4);
- Redmi Note 9: 48 MP (main, f / 1.8) + 8 MP (ultrawide, f / 2.2) + 2 MP (macro, f / 2.4) + 2 MP (depth, f / 2.4).
When it comes to cameras, the Redmi Note 10 hasn’t received all the news from the most powerful models, such as the 108 MP super camera and improvements in zoom and night scenes, but its photographic set is even quite interesting for the intermediate segment.
The smartphone is equipped with four cameras at the rear, a main camera of 48 MP, an ultrawide of 8 MP, a macro of 5 MP and the last one has depth sensor to assist in portrait mode. The Redmi Note 9, in turn, brings the same set as the younger brother, but exchanges the macro sensor of 5 MP for one of only 2 MP. Regarding selfies, the two have 13 MP of resolution.
Although the two devices bring about the same camera configuration, the Redmi Note 10 takes more advantage by being able to record 4K videos at 30 frames per second (fps) or 1080p (Full HD) at up to 120 fps, while the Redmi Note 9 records only at up to 1080p at 30 fps.
Processing and memory
- Redmi Note 10: Qualcomm Snapdragon 678 Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 460 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver);
- Redmi Note 9: MediaTek Helio G85 Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55).
Inside, the Redmi Note 10 is equipped with an octa-core processor running at up to 2.2 GHz, Snapdragon 678 model of 11 nanometers (nm). The chip is not only more powerful than the Helio G85 of the Redmi Note 9, capable of running the main games and apps on the Play Store, but it is also more energy efficient.
Regarding memory options RAM and internal storage, both offer versions with 4 GB or 6 GB of RAM and 64 GB, or 128 GB of space – all with support for memory cards.
Extra features and battery
- Redmi Note 10: 5,000 mAh with 33 W power recharge;
- Redmi Note 9: 5,020 mAh with 18 W power recharge.
To power all the power, the Redmi Note 10 brings a drums 5,000 mAh, while the Redmi Note 9 has a slightly larger tank, 5,020 mAh. Even though, in theory, the autonomy does not seem to be very different, the newer model offers a more economical processor, giving an advantage over everyday use.
The Redmi Note 10 also excels in charging speed, offering a charger in the box of 33 W of power, and in sound quality, with two stereo speakers. The fingerprint reader of the new model is located on the side, while the Redmi Note 9 is present on the back cover.
Practically, the only advantage of the Redmi Note 9 over its younger brother is the support for the technology NFC for approach payments.
Redmi Note 10 vs. Redmi Note 9: which is more worth it?
Undoubtedly, the Redmi Note 10 raised the bar in the Redmi Note line, bringing more premium construction, high-quality display and more powerful processing. Even though the base model did not receive the 108 MP camera and the 120 Hz refresh rate screen of the Pro versions, its AMOLED display and the more economical Snapdragon 678 processor are great improvements over its predecessor.
That is, if you have a Redmi Note 9 and are thinking about upgrading to the new generation, the choice is very valid. Depending on the price that Xiaomi will charge on the smartphone here in Brazil, it will be one of the main competitors of the future Galaxy A52 and A72, from Samsung, and the Realme 7 and 7 Pro.
What did you think of the Redmi Note 10? Is it worth upgrading? Tell us your opinion below, in the comments field.
Redmi Note 10: technical form
- Screen: 6.43 AMOLED, FullHD + resolution;
- Chipset: Snapdragon 678;
- RAM memory: 4 or 6 GB;
- Internal storage: 64 GB or 128 GB;
- Rear camera: quadruple – 48 MP (main, f / 1.79) + 8 MP (ultrawide, f / 2.2) + 5 MP (macro, f / 2.4) + 2 MP (depth, f / 2.4);
- Front camera: 13 MP, f / 2.45;
- Dimensions: 160.5 x 74.5 x 8.3 mm;
- Weight: 178 grams;
- Battery: 5,000 mAh, 33 W corded charger;
- Extras: Gorilla Glass 3, sampling rate of 120 Hz, dual speakers, infrared sensor;
- Available colors: blue, white and gold;
- Operating system: MIUI 12, under Android 10;
Redmi Note 9: technical form
- Screen: 6.53-inch IPS LCD with Full HD + resolution;
- Chipset: MediaTek Hekio G85 octa-core;
- RAM memory: 3 or 4 GB;
- Internal storage: 64 or 128 GB – with support for microSD;
- Rear camera: 48 MP + 8 MP (ultrawide) + 2 MP (macro) + 2 MP (depth);
- Front camera: 13 MP;
- Dimensions: 162.3 × 77.2 × 8.9 mm;
- Weight: 199 g;
- Battery: 5,020 mAh with 18 W fast charging.
- Extras: fingerprint reader at the rear, Gorilla Glass 5;
- Available colors: blue, white and gray;
- Operational system: Android 10.
Did you like this article?